Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash Flyer - Sakura+ Create a Normal Monster +
Rules of engagement.
  • Person makes prompt specifying 2 of the parameters below.
  • Next person does it and then makes another prompt.
  • Rinse and repeat.
Parameters.
Quote:Name
Attribute
Level
Type
Subtypes/abilities (either Pendulum and/or Tuner here)
ATK/DEF
Pendulum Scales
General idea

First card:

Psychic
Level 7+
Suppose I'll just bump this up with my own card.

Telekinetic Airblade
Level 7 | WIND | Psychic | Normal
2500/2000
Possessing the power to crush tempered steel using his mind, his powers are feared all over. Those in the construction industry seem to appreciate his abilities though...

Meh, I suck at writing flavor text, though yeah, telekinesis is a thing.

How about a high Level Rock or Pyro monster (iirc we don't have any 2 Tribute ones except Crystal/Stone Dragon [uh, what was this again?])
Blazallion, Chained Titan of Flames
FIRE - Level 7 - Pyro/Tuner - 2700/200
Once a monstrous giant whose very presence leveled cities, its flames are now restrained by magical subzero shackles. Oracles prophesy its inevitable escape . . .

Give a Type that does not have its requisite 2K Normal beater that exact thing.
Thunders literally have no stronger Vanilla than Tourmaline at 1600/1800 and Bolt Escargot is legit trash.

Howling Wolf of the Purple Lightning
Level 4 | LIGHT | Thunder | Normal
2000/300
Worshipped from time immemorial, this monster's roar shakes the heavens, rendering the strikes of purple lightning heralded as the arrival of a deity.

(For your references, Types that do not have a Normal with 2000[+] ATK are: Aqua and Thunder.)

Make a high Level Zombie or Cyberse vanilla
Dummied Security
DARK - Level 7 - Cyberse/Tuner - 2600/0
A backup program designed to protect important programs, all routes to this digital defender's code have been sealed off.

A vanilla that satisfies the conditions of 5 or more AGM-legal generic goodstuff cards. For example, a Reptile whose ATK and DEF add up to 2900 (Damp Den of the Fungal Serpents), whose Level is exactly 1 higher than a good generic Tuner it shares its Attribute with (Tuner's High), high-Level (Summoner's Art), has exactly 200 DEF (Flamvell Poun), etc.
So...letʻs do this:
- Reptile with combined ATK/DEF = 2900
- High Level
- 200 DEF, so 2700 ATK (Poun and Blazing Falcon both fill this role, so we can do this, though I gotta do FIRE)
- Level 7 or higher (for Lead Brick)

Naraksaanp the Searing Serpent of Sacrifice
Level 8 | FIRE | Reptile | Normal
2700/200
Anant kaal ke pradaata, ham apane shareer ko aapakee lau ke lie pesh karate hain. Balidaan jo aane vaale yug ko eendhan deta hai, jisase hamaaree aajeevika samaan banee rahe.

(Google probably f-ed up, so...here's the translation in rhyme.)

Provider of time immemorial, we offer up our bodies to your flame.
Sacrifices that fuel the coming era, so which our livelihood remains the same.

[I took the name from Hindi, which should read Hellfire (Snake) or something. I also took this from an Aztec fire god and would've made the text in Aztec, but...no records of their language exist that I can use, so...]

Let's make a Level 7 Vanilla Tuner
Chompchamp
EARTH - Level 7 - Fiend/Tuner - 2400/0
Winning fighting tournaments is easy when your hands are actually dog heads!

Level 1 Tuner with more ATK than any other Level 1 vanilla
Champ Chimp
★
EARTH
Beast-Warrior/Tuner/Normal
ATK 1300
DEF 0
A chimp leading a pack of chimps in a fight against other primates.

(forgive me for not knowing how to italics)

WATER Pyro. No other restrictions.
Code:
[i][/i]

Otherwise, don't worry about no italics.

====
Fried Snowball
Level 3 | WATER | Pyro | Normal
1200/800
Even when frozen solid, the core of this monster is still ridiculously hot. Science has yet to discover its secrets...
====

Samsāra Unifier
(You got the name, now design the rest)
Samsāra Unifier
★★
LIGHT
Dragon/Tuner/Normal
ATK 0
DEF 1600
This dragon carries the wishes of the human beings and the desire to unify their ideals.

N/C: Pick a Level 4 or lower DARK Effect Monster, switch its stats and make a LIGHT version of said monster.
Choosing this one: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Lancer_Dragonute

Spearholder Dragonute
Level 4 | LIGHT | Dragon | Normal
1800/1500
Trained as a soldier in the Dragonute military, it is within one's best interest to avoid making an enemy out of them, lest you desire being mercilessly impaled.

I guess make a "World Legacy" vanilla (well, anything related to the storyline archetype-wise; feel free to make your own subplot)
Ascended Guardragon of the World Legacy
Level 9 | WIND | Dragon | Normal
3000/2600
Friendship tested and broken in countless battles, they now embark on a new journey for the 8th World Legacy alongside Avram and Ib. However, the bonds these three share knows no limitation.

Well, I guess this is Guardragon getting itself a Vanilla form of its final stage and cataloguing the climax (Chosen + Guardragon are the only ones left in their party because Beckoned became an Orcust, Lee is corrupted and Ib got revived. Also Continuation leads to it somewhere.)

Make a Pendulum Tuner Vanilla
Mechanicalmind
DARK - Level 5 - Machine/Tuner/Pendulum - 2200/0 - Scale 8
Pendulum Effect- Once per turn, if you control a face-up "Heavy Metal Raiders": You can either increase or decrease this card's Pendulum Scale by 1. If all monsters you control are DARK Machine monsters, and a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by battle or effect: You can banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, and if the banished card was a monster; you can Special Summon up to 2 DARK Machine monsters from your Graveyard with (combined) original Levels are either exactly equal to this card's Pendulum Scale, or between this card's Scale and your other Pendulum Scale (exclusive).
Monster Lore- The Machine King's master strategist, it calculates all outcomes and devises the scenario most likely to produce success. Its twenty processors all work in tandem, making it faster than any computer known to man by several orders of magnitude.

Create a monster that's so easily accessible that it can be the centerpiece of a Deck focused around a specific Normal monster (think the ideal traits for a card like Neos, Genex Controller, Dark Magician, etc.)
Let's try Level 4 FIRE Beast-Warrior because Tenki, Wolfbark, Fire King / Fire Fist and whatever Beast-Warrior stuff that exists.

Haruka the Blazing Furry Lop
Level 4 | FIRE | Beast-Warrior | Normal
1600/1200
Hot-blooded by nature, this lopped eared anthro bunny is quick to jump into everything, no matter what lies ahead. She doesn't even care about the criticism certain individuals have with her being this way.

#furry
#standupfurries
#lop bunny

You knew this was gonna be a furry given the pool of things, so...go for it. Also lop because I like them.

Equal stats

(Just make a Vanilla whose ATK/DEF are equal)
Mirror Master Guardian
LIGHT - Level 4 - Warrior/Pendulum - 1600/1600 - Scale 7
Pendulum Effect - If a monster you control is destroyed: You can add 1 "Mirror Force" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If an opponent's monster(s) leaves the field by the effect of a "Mirror Force" card: You can draw 1 card for each of those monsters. If you Normal Summon a Normal monster: You can Set 1 "Mirror Force" or "Dark Mirror Force" directly from your Graveyard. You can only activate each effect of "Mirror Master Guardian" once per turn.
Monster Lore - A master of all kinds of barriers, this armored soldier is prone to arriving at battlefields and forcing the combatants to stand down with the threat of having their own attacks reflected at them.

Retrain a non-Effect Ritual as a Normal Pendulum with an effect that supports Rituals.
Considering the low amount of them (and coming from the old days), might be hard.

Psychotic Puppet
Level 7 | DARK | Fiend | Pendulum | Normal
2000 | 2350
Scale 5
PE: Once per turn, if you Ritual Summon a monster, you can Tribute monsters your opponent controls whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the monster you are Ritual Summoning.

A puppet created by macabre means, it has no qualms about using innocent lives for its controller's demonic rituals.

====
I would've liked to have done a Chakra retrain because it'd be an excuse to give that mini TCG arch I made for it something in 2019, but...yeah.
====

Now let's retrain another non-Effect monster into a Vanilla
Forceful Gaia the Fierce Knight
EARTH - Level 6 - Warrior/Pendulum - 2600/800 - Scale 7
Pendulum Effect - If you Summon a "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster, including during the Damage Step (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 card your opponent controls. If your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only only activate this effect of "Forceful Gaia the Fierce Knight" once per turn.
Monster Lore - A powerful warrior that strikes at the heart of any opponent, unrelenting and aggressive with his pursuit of the destruction of evil.

Create a Normal monster with a YGO or AGM-centric limerick as its lore text.
Dimension Crystal
★
<5 5>
LIGHT
Dragon/Pendulum/Tuner/Normal
ATK 0
DEF 0
You can target 1 Level 7 or lower Synchro Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target, then destroy this card. You can only use this effect of "Dimension Crystal" once per turn.
----
A crystal that brought a fragment of the powers of the ferocious dragon of the past that dominated the worlds.

Yeah...Arc-V.

N/C: Create a Pendulum version of Summoned Skull, keeping its Vanilla status.
(To be honest, Draco did ask for a card with a limerick, but I'll overlook it since not sure if they cover English poetic stuff in non-English countries. Otherwise, AABBA where stuff with same letter rhyme at end.)

Archfiend's Scales
Level 6 | DARK | Fiend | Pendulum | Normal
2500 | 1200
Scale 1
PE: The names of all Fiend monsters you control and in your GY are treated as "Summoned Skull". If a Fiend monster you control is sent to your GY by an opponent's card: You can Special Summon 1 "Summoned Skull" from your hand, Deck, or GY. You can only use this Pendulum Effect of "Archfiend's Scales" once per turn.

The darkness from eons past.
Those who witness his presence do in aghast.
Scales that judge the living and dead.
To which all that has been said.
Facing him in battle shall be your last.

====
So in some way, this handles both prompts.
====

DARK Winged Beast vanilla monster
(You can also make it a Pendulum and/or Tuner if you desire)
Awful Albatross
DARK - Level 4 - Winged Beast/Tuner/Effect - 1700/1800
This colossal, ill-tempered bird steals fish in large numbers directly from fisherman's nets.

Give an archetype that has lore, but no Normal monsters to confirm that lore, a monster that explains some of the story.
Please note that most of my archetypes have lore, if you'd like to do that.