Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash Flyer - SakuraPlaytesting on Duel Portal (DP)
Hi guys,

Just letting you know that if you really need to test out your Decks for AGM and stuff, you can use Duel Portal; either with solitaire mode or play against ourselves to establish a "power level".

(I wouldn't recommend Dueling Book because of the playerbase there, but it's your call on what you do.)

Though, before you go on, please be aware of certain rules and other stuff.

1. Don't upload TCG/OCG cards with their actual images.

While it's true that this was implemented as a safety measure after Dueling Network got shut down by Nihon Ad Systems for supposedly using card images, it was later found out to be due to the anime properties.

Nonetheless, this rule still exists.

Please note that this ban only applies to using ARTWORK. Uploading the cards themselves w/out pics or even your own images is perfectly fine. As long as they aren't official pics or can be mistaken as such by a search engine, you should be okay.

If you are unable to find artwork / make it, let me know what cards you need art for and I can request someone to do it on the Discord.

Any changes to DP are reflected in the Discord channel, so everyone will know.

2. Check that TCG imports in our format that you need to upload don't already exist.

These should normally be tagged Public-TCG (either when you are checking for them or need to upload).

Note that some of the cards may not have pictures (either they were originally uploaded without pics, official images removed or someone removed them due to having a psychological episode or whatnot).

Follow #1 if you need to upload a TCG card.

3. Image policies are roughly the same as what I held CC to.

While I doubt any of you will get into trouble for this, yeah, just don't upload adult/explicit content for pictures.

If you have any concerns that your pic may be breaking the rule / toeing the border, please ask. While I may be more lenient on this, the other DP mods may not be in terms of "gray area".

I'm saying this because at the time of making this announcement, I am still a Duel Portal site mod and don't want to see you guys get into trouble.

Also saying this because while I may be lenient on certain breaks [you can probably attribute me having my +4 years experience as CC mod as some guidance on how to handle things], the other DP mods may not be as much, especially since they don't know you.

That in mind, it is almost impossible to get into trouble / you likely will just get a verbal warning. Just behave yourselves like you are expected to otherwise, and you'll be fine.

For your reference, Acceleranimal, Psychic Dragon and ZPD (mostly) are up if you want to playtest. Should be Private-Shared under my name.

Uh yeah, I think that should cover everything that needs to be said about DP testing and all.

Feel free to ask if there's anything that I didn't mention / you want clarified.